Unique Romantic Getaway Near NYC
Do you need a break from reality right now? Explore a fantasy close to home.
TripAdvisor’s 2021 Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best Award Winner:
One of the Top 25 Hotels in the USA
Just a quick road trip from New York City, in the heart of the beautiful Catskill Mountains, lies a hotel like no other on the planet. The Roxbury at Stratton Falls and its new Tower Cottages transport you into a luxurious world of romance, elegance, whimsy and what we call “total fantasy immersion.”
Case in point, our Crown of the Pendragons experience with its circular bathtub for two centered in the middle of an ancient stone castle turret compromised of 30′ high walls and underneath a flaming three-tiered wrought iron golden crown chandelier.
We built this Arthurian-legend-themed-cottage for the inner king and queen in all of us. It is the “ultimate” for engagements, honeymoons, romantic weekends, or just pampering yourself “royally,” as it were.
Game of Thrones, eat your heart out…
- Bathroom with an 85-gallon circular bathtub for two
- Three-tiered 20’ high crown chandelier
- Two luxurious chaise lounges for resting in front of the 60” television.
- Secret showering chamber with multiple body sprays that lies hidden behind ancient golden druid sculptures
- 30′ high turret
- One king bedroom and bathroom with walk-in shower on the lower level
- Common living area on the lower level with a deluxe sleeper sofa
- Sleeps total of four
- Curved, open air balcony with chained “draw-bridge” roof off downstairs bedroom
- Meadow, forest, or mountain views.
- Refreshment station with full-size refrigerator, microwave and wet bar sink
- Stereo system
Rate Range: $600 – $775
What People Are Saying
“I find The Roxbury at Stratton Falls incredible. I adore it, and the original motel too. It is beyond taste.”The London Telegraph
“One of the most amazing hotels in the entire country…”HGTV
“Their love of whimsy and elegance will make your vacation experience one of a kind.”CNN
“One of the top 100 hotels in North America.”NatGeo Traveler
“One of the 5 ‘Don’t Miss Items’ for foreign travelers to see in all of New York State. ”The Lonely Planet Guidebook
“One of 9 Reasons to Drive to the Catskills .”Zagat
“One of 10 Best Offbeat Hotels in the United States .”Fodor’s Travel
Worlds of Possibility
Looking for a different flavor? Check out some of our other insanely romantic options.
For Princesses (and Princes Too!)
Enough room for the royal court!
Perhaps Something a Bit More Goth?
Good for larger groups!
Romance on a Budget!
Resplendent Rooms at the Roxbury!